Become a Volunteer Instructor or Career Coach and Positively Influence the Attitudes and Actions of People Living in Our Community.
Volunteer instructors and career coaches are the key to having a successful Education and Enrichment Program at NFCC. These skilled volunteers are motivated people who have an interest in teaching adults and who are willing to donate a few hours of their time each month. Becoming a volunteer instructor or coach is a great way to help individuals improve their lives and move toward self-sufficiency. It is also a way to meet people in your community and positively influence the attitudes and actions of others!
- Be a least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to carry out program responsibilities.
- Possess good presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of the topic they will be instructing or coaching.
- Sign an NFCC Volunteer Waiver and Confidentiality Agreement.
- Money Management – sample classes include budgeting, banking, credit and debt management. Personal financial coaching provides one-on-one sessions to assist individuals learn basic budgeting and financial management skills to survive on a limited income.
- Job Readiness – sample classes include resume writing, interviewing, successful job searching, completing applications, interviewing and more. Career coaching provides one-on-one sessions to assist individuals in the specific areas of job readiness, ie, skills assessment, effectively using job boards, completing applications.
- Life Skills – classes are offered in the areas of civic and community life skills, citizenship, legal matters, family strengthening, basic literacy and more.
- Computer Training – classes include computer basics, using the internet, LinkedIn, and other social media outlets, email, and software applications. Computer Lab assistance for individuals printing, faxing, taking practice tests, studying, or updating resumes and emails are offered during lab hours.
- GED Preparedness – classes and tutoring are offered to adults, 18 years of age or older, in the subjects of Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts.
- Classes in Español – sample classes include English, immigration law, legal matters, civic and community responsibilities and rights, money management, job readiness, computers, and more.
- VITA Tax Preparation Assistance – assistance completing simple tax returns during tax season provides much needed budget relief and benefits to low income families.
Organizations who have a specific seminar or workshop topic that can be offered at our location in the areas of personal finance, health and wellness, computers, career services or life skills in English or Spanish can contact Eden Purdy at email@example.com to discuss partnership opportunities.