For Thanksgiving donations, we need non-perishable food items for a Thanksgiving meal and grocery store gift cards in $25 increments. Last year we provided the makings for a Thanksgiving meal to over 1,000 families!
Below is a grocery store list of suggested items. Consider getting an item in each category for a family of four or buying several items in one category:
Canned Vegetables (Green Beans, Refried Beans, Black Beans, Corn, Sweet Potatoes, White Potatoes, Squash, Greens, etc.)
Boxed Potatoes and Rice (Mashed, Scalloped, White – Brown – Yellow Rice, Boxes or Bags)
Boxed Pasta Mixes (Macaroni, Mac-n-Cheese)
Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mixes (Cornbread, Herb, Plain, Bags/Boxes)
Bags of Flour, Cornmeal, Biscuit mixes (Wheat, All-Purpose, White)
Boxes of Baking Goods (Cake Mixes, Brownies, Pie makings)
Cans of Gravy (Turkey, Chicken)
Cans of Fruit (Apple, Cranberry, Cranberry Sauce, Pineapple, Applesauce, etc.)
*Please limit your donations to specific items for a Thanksgiving meal. General items for our Food Pantry should be made at our NFCC office location listed above.
Drop-off Dates & Times:
- Thanksgiving Food Drop-off (at the Distribution Site)
Friday, November 16th, 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday, November 17th, 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Sponsored Senior Thanksgiving Food Drop-off (at the Distribution Site)
Monday, November 19th, 10:00am – 5:00pm
Distribution Site Location:
1425 Market Blvd., Kings Market Shopping Center (in the old Comp USA store), Roswell, 30076
- All Thanksgiving food items should be delivered to the NFCC Distribution Site during the hours listed above. The families will pick them up at a later date.
- Gift cards, cash donations or checks should be mailed or delivered to the attention of Lauri Szabela, at the NFCC offices, 11270 Elkins Rd. Roswell, GA 30076. Financial donations can also be made online at www.nfcchep.org/donate (holiday). Cash donations or gift cards brought to the Holiday Site need to be given directly to an NFCC Holiday Staff member.
- Package non-perishable food items in crates or boxes if possible.
- Volunteers will be available at the NFCC Holiday Site to help you unload your donations.
- If you would like a receipt for your donation, please ask an NFCC Holiday Staff member.
*Donations to NFCC are all tax deductible.