Government Benefits Screening
Need help applying for government benefits? NFCC can help.
As a partner with the Georgia Department of Family and Children Services (DFCS), we can help determine your eligibility for benefits like SNAP (food stamps), WIC CAPS, TANF and Medicaid (pregnant women, children) and assist you with the application process.
Available by appointment only. Day and evening times available.
Contact Amy Goldstein via email or call 470-568-5701 to schedule your screening or speak to someone at the front desk.
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
To ensure timely screening, you will need to provide the following documents for yourself and anyone in our household
1. Official government-issued photo identification: proof of who you are, such as a driver’s license, ID card or passport.
2. Social Security cards.
3. Proof of U.S. Citizenship, such as a birth certificate, US passport, or hospital record.
4. Immigration records for persons who are not US citizens.
5. Proof of ALL income for the last 4 weeks, including child support, SSI, Social Security, pay stubs, money from a roomer or boarder, VA retirement, any pension payments,
6. Copies of household expenses: rent, utilities, medical, etc….
7. Proof of residence, such as proof of rent or house payment such as current lease or payment book statements.
Find out if you are eligible for food stamps (SNAP) or other government benefits.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
NFCC FOOD PANTRY
For additional information or to make an appointment,
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Pending applications, status updates or denials
We do not have direct access to DFCS’ system updates on cases that are open with DFCS (i.e. food stamps, Medicaid, TANF, CAPS, etc).
If your application has already been submitted to DFCS, please contact your case manager, your county DFCS office, or call 1-877-423-4746.
If you have questions about a letter or a missed appointment, call DFCS Customer Care 1-877-423-4746.
Visit the Department of Family & Children Services (DFCS) website, here.
Locate your DFCS office, here.
Did You Know:
NFCC provides over $1.4 million dollars in emergency financial assistance for rent, utilities, transportation and other necessities to families in North Fulton.