Virtual VITA Tax Preparation and Filing Assistance
Due to COVID-19, all tax preparation is VIRTUAL this year. There will be no face-to-face tax meetings. There is very limited availability for VITA appointments this year because of COVID restrictions. Beginning March 8, a limited number of new appointment times will be available every day.
There will be two steps for individuals who participate in this free tax preparation and filing assistance program. This program is provided for individuals and families making $57,000 annually or less.
Make an appointment to drop off your tax documents and complete an IRS intake form. All documents will be scanned while you wait and returned to you before you leave. You will NOT be meeting with a tax advisor at this time. You need to bring the following information with you when you come:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- 2019 Tax Return
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
Drop Off Procedures
- Select a time on the ONLINE SCHEDULER and sign up for an appointment time. Appointments are available two weeks in advance. The schedule is updated daily with new appointment times.
- On the day and time of your appointment, come to NFCC’s North Office Address at Roswell Business Center, 11660 Alpharetta Highway, Roswell, GA 30076, Building 200, Door 245 (Across from WellStar Hospital. As you pull into the office complex, you will see 200 on the top of the building and #245 on the glass door.)
- You will drop off the tax documents outlined above for scanning while you fill out the IRS intake form.
- Drop-off times are 30 minutes.
- You must arrive on time or you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you fail to bring all the required materials, you will need to reschedule your appointment.
- Only one adult from a household may enter the building. No children or others may enter the building.
- You must wear a mask.
- Temperatures will be checked.
- Upon receiving your tax documents, you will receive a phone call from one of our IRS trained and certified volunteers for an interview.
- Tax returns will then be completed and a tax return reviewer will call you to arrange for you to sign your return electronically and submit to the IRS.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Did You Know:
The NFCC Thrift Shop is open to the public. Income from the store supports NFCC programs and operations.