VITA Tax Preparation and Filing Assistance
In light of recent health issues and concerns related to the coronavirus (COVIG-19), all VITA scheduled appointments have been cancelled and the program suspended until further notice. We anticipate that Treasury and the IRS will announce this week an extension of the April 15th deadline by as much as 90 days, and a waiver of penalties and interest for most taxpayers. You can also prepare and file your federal income tax return for free using tax preparation and filing software on the IRS website.
A la luz de los recientes problemas de salud y preocupaciones relacionadas con el coronavirus (COVIG-19), todas las citas programadas de VITA se han cancelado y el programa se suspendió hasta nuevo aviso. Anticipamos que el Tesoro y el IRS anunciarán esta semana una extensión del plazo del 15 de Abril de hasta 90 días, y una exención de multas e intereses para la mayoría de los contribuyentes. También puede preparar y presentar su declaración de impuestos federales de forma gratuita utilizando el software de preparación y archivo de impuestos en el sitio web del IRS.
DURING TAX SEASON, GET YOUR TAXES FILED FREE WITH THE HELP FROM IRS TRAINED VOLUNTEERS.
Our IRS trained and certified volunteers can assist you in filing your taxes. Free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing is available from the first week of February through April 15th to help individuals get their returns quickly, avoid scams and unnecessary fees.
Appointments are required during tax season Mondays through Fridays. Walk-ins and appointments are available some Saturdays.
- Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or copies of Social Security Cards, or SS Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration;
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents;
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (Optional)
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Talk to a VITA Tax Preparer or visit the IRS website for more information.
Ready to Schedule your Appointment?
Did You Know:
125+ families receive food each day and close to 23,000 food orders are filled each year.