The Education Center at NFCC helps families move toward financial stability and self-sufficiency by offering free adult basic education and life skill classes including English, GED test preparation, financial and computer literacy, workforce readiness and more. Classes are free and open to our community. On-site childcare is provided at no cost to participants for most evening classes. Availability is limited. Complete the Interest Form, and we will notify you of class availability.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL Classes – This 15-week course is offered three times a year. Students attend two mornings or two evenings each week. Students are placed by level and may advance through five levels. Curriculum topics include education, health care, financial planning, and employment. Students meeting attendance and participation requirements receive a certificate of completion and may advance to the next level.
Please complete an interest form to get started or download a printable flyer for more information.
2023 ESL Course Sessions
- Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Winter Session: January 9 – April 28, 2023 (No classes Feb. 20, 2023 – President’s Day or April 3-6, 2023 – Spring Break)
- Summer Session: May 8 – August 17, 2023 (No classes May 29, 2023 for Memorial Day or July 4, 2023 for Independence Day)
- Fall Session: August 28 – December 8, 2023 (There are no classes Sept. 4, 2023 for Labor Day or Nov. 20-23 for Thanksgiving)
NEW Computer Skills Class
March 6 – May 15, 2023
NFCC will offer a 10-week course in Microsoft Word, Monday evenings from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
This class is for students who have some level of comfort with personal computers and are already proficient using a mouse and keyboard. Students must be 18 years of age and older to register and preference is given to applicants in the North Fulton district.
(There are no classes April 3 – 6, 2023 for Spring Break)
To register, please complete the Interest Form and select “Computer Skills Class” from the drop-down menu. This is class is only offered in English at this time.
Adult GED Tutoring and Test Prep
Prepare for the GED test – New student registration is ongoing throughout the year for students 18 years of age or older. Please complete the Interest Form to get started or download a printable flyer for more information. Preference is given to applicants in north Fulton.
GED sessions include weekly workshops and digital learning. NFCC gives students FREE official GED practice tests and FREE vouchers to take the official GED tests. Students passing the GED Test earn a high school equivalency diploma.
GED Tutoring Program
- Tuesday, Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Complete the Interest Form
Complete the online form to register for classes, tutoring and coaching. We will contact you as soon as it is available.
Did You Know:
NFCC awarded 15 graduates their GED certificates last year.