PARA ESPANOL CLIQ AQUI
GET YOUR TAXES FILED FREE WITH THE HELP OF NFCC, UNITED WAY OF GREATER ATLANTA AND IRS TRAINED VOLUNTEERS.
If you earned less than $54,000 in 2017, our IRS trained and certified volunteers can assist you in filing your taxes. Free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing is available from the first week of February through April 15th to help individuals get their returns quickly, avoid scams and unnecessary fees.
Appointments are required during tax season Mondays through Fridays. Walk-ins and appointments are available some Fridays and some Saturdays.
- Click here for a printable flyer with dates and required documentation or contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Ready to Schedule your Appointment?
To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or copies of Social Security Cards, or SS Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration;
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents;
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (Optional)
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropri-ate
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
It is extremely important that each person use the correct Social Security Number. The most accurate information is usually located on your original Social Security card. If you do not have an SSN for you or a dependent, you should complete Form SS-5, Social Security Number Application. This form should be submitted to the nearest Social Security Administration Office.
If you or your dependent is not eligible to get a Social Security Number, you may need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Talk to a VITA Tax Preparer or visit the IRS website for more information.