Volunteer Tutors and Coaches
Volunteer GED tutors and financial and career coaches work one-on-one with clients to help them reach their career goals. These skilled volunteers are motivated people who have an interest in teaching adults and who are willing to donate a few hours of their time each month. Becoming a volunteer tutor or coach is a great way to help individuals improve their lives and move toward self-sufficiency. It is also a way to meet people in your community and positively influence the attitudes and actions of others.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to carry out program responsibilities.
- Possess good presentation, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of the topic they will be instructing or coaching.
- Provide 2 professional, employment or academic references.
- Sign an NFCC Volunteer Waiver and Confidentially Agreement.
Volunteer instructors and coaches must complete all training classes and prerequisites required for the chosen volunteer commitment. All available volunteer instructor or coaching positions are filled based on the interests of the volunteer, the skills required, scheduling, references and a successful interview.
The first step in becoming a volunteer instructor/coach is to review the list of classes/services offered at the NFCC Education Center to see if you are qualified and interested in teaching one. If you can teach a class or provide training not on the schedule, contact us to see if it could be added as a new class/service.
- Complete this online Instructor Application. We will contact you to schedule an interview or update you on our current needs.
- Selected applicants are invited to interview in person, which covers training requirements, program and process information, scheduling opportunities, and a tour of the Center.
- References are contacted within 48 hours of interview session.
- Applicants with successful reference checks will be invited to attend training sessions and complete any prerequisites for the chosen position.
NFCC has limited “contract instructor” positions for ESL and certain certificate classes that require a TESOL or ESL certified instructor, and Certified Trainer designation.
Fill out this Volunteer Instructor Application if you are interested and meet the qualifications. Call 678-387-4458 or email us if you have questions.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at North Fulton Community Charities. NFCC Offices and volunteer requests are currently closed for the Holidays. Our site will resume accepting volunteering requests on Thursday, January 2, 2020. Please check back then.
Did You Know:
90%+ of individuals that receive financial assistance remain stably housed for 3+ months.