Food Drive Best Practices
The NFCC Food Pantry could not exist without the donations received from food drives organized throughout the year by schools, churches, businesses, civic groups and individuals. The following are best practices for organizing a food drive.
- Because the NFCC Food Pantry is a based on client preferences tracked by Client Choice Digital Pantry, the most needed items change throughout the year. The website has the most needed items at the time.
- Pick-up may be available for drives in excess in 20 milk crates depending on time of year and advance notice. Contact the Food Pantry Manager if you are planning a large drive so we can schedule your pickup in advance and provide milk crates and bins in advance to make the process easier. During the holiday season, food drive pickups are scheduled three weeks in advance.
- If you are doing a smaller drive or don’t want to use the crates provided, copy size boxes with lids are preferred. Large boxes are discouraged for the safety of our volunteers.
- If you are planning to drop off the items yourself, please call 678-387-4465 one day in advance to allow us to prepare for your delivery.
- The NFCC Food Pantry is closed Thanksgiving Day and the day after as well as the week between Christmas and New Year’s. We are unable to accept food deliveries when the Pantry is closed.
- Always get a receipt – this will acknowledge the hard work of your group.
- If you would like to include North Fulton Community Charities name or logo in any marketing, please contact NFCC Marketing for approval.
- Tag @nfcchelp on social media so we can see all your hard work!
Host A Food Drive
Did You Know:
1,400 adults took education classes at the NFCC Education Center on the path to self-sufficiency last year.